Monday, May 3, 2010

Skinny Knee

Yesterday my husband took our daughter to opening day at a local (and very small) amusement park. Rides were free for the first two hours, but the hubby shelled out some cash to stay longer--because our daughter LOVES to ride. She is just barely 36 inches, which means she could go on a number of "big kid" rides--like the Himalaya. The one that goes around in a circle very fast, in the dark, with music blaring. Apparently she loved it (except for the music--she said it hurt her ears).

I personally HATE rides. I think I have been on 2-3 roller coasters in my entire life (but I'm only 22, so I guess that's not really a big deal :) ). I have passed that "hate" on to my son. He likes to stick to the kiddie rides, although he's getting too big for them. He's probably the only 7-year-old who says EPCOT is his favorite Disney park.

While at the amusement park, the little lady tripped and skinned her knee. When she got home, she kept talking about her "skinny knee." She sounds so cute talking about her "skinny knee" that I don't bother to correct her. Now if her subject and verb did not agree, that would be a different story. No poor grammar in our house--3-year-olds included.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you don't allow her to go all Elmo talk with poor grammar. This story reminds me of my favorite Absolutely Fabulous where Eddie keeps yelling out "skinny ankles! But I've got skinny ankles!" It's funny when you are 22 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what about Cookie Monster's grammar? At least the Disney Princesses speak properly.

    ReplyDelete